Thursday, December 01, 2005

And we're off!


So it's officially December, and it's snowing today, so I can admit without a trace of shame that I have been listening to Christmas music on my iPod since the day after Thanksgiving. And as we count down the days until Christmas I thought it might be fun to do a few polls along the way. Nate and I were in the car yesterday and "Wonderful Christmastime" came on, and I declared that it was in my top five Christmas songs, which spurred the both of us to rank our favorites... I was curious as to what yours were as well. Here are mine:

1. Last Christmas - Wham!
2. Christmas Wrapping - The Waitresses (although the Spice Girls did a great version of it too!)
3. Wonderful Christmastime - Paul McCartney and Wings
4. Please Come Home For Christmas - The Eagles (Pat Benatar's is almost as good)
5. Peace On Earth/Little Drummer Boy - Bing Crosby and David Bowie
6. Do They Know It's Christmas? - Band Aid
7. Christmas Day - Squeeze
8. Thanks For Christmas - XTC
9. This Christmas - Donny Hathaway
10. Step Into Christmas - Elton John

Damn! This was hard. I love just about every song on the album A Very Special Christmas, you know, the first one from 1987, which has amazing songs on it, especially "Christmas in Hollis" by Run-DMC, "Gabriel's Message" by Sting, "Santa Baby" by Madonna and "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" by U2, so I couldn't put one on my list without putting all of them on. I guess the next step is ranking Christmas albums. I would love to hear your picks, and maybe discover some new songs for this year. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home