Friday, July 14, 2006

News about OZ

Hello Friends-

Oskar is ON THE RUN these days and I don't have a heck of a lot of time to seek out obscure and bizarre website to share with y'all. BUT I can probably share few. Here's a few pics of Oskar causing trouble. We taught him sign language and the little guy already knows 137 sign plus- I stopped counting. He's 15 months. In one photo- he's signing "sit" telling the dog to "sit". He's already a comedian- at the dinner table he signs "fart" and laughs hysterically. Also he named his stuffed Panda "Poop Poop". Again laughs hysterically- when you ask him what's his panda's name. "poop poop" tee hee hee, ladies and gentlemen- I'll be here at the Highchair- all week- 5 o'clock! Yes I think he's all little boy.

It's so much fun- very hard- but fun. Especially as now he can sign things like "Teeth, hurt, medicine" or "loud, scared" when a truck went by. I know what's going on in that little head- a little. Also Scary- as he listens to EVERYTHING we say- and signs word we are talking about. Like we were talking making sure a gladware container was sealed- checking the seal- after dinner- and he signed "seal" the animal. I looked at him- and realized he is not only listening but understanding- so we have to be so careful what we do and say. Of course you should anyhow- but it sunk it at that moment.

Anyhow- I highly recommend teaching kids sign language- my husband was skeptical at the beginning- but he's totally converted to the idea now.

I hope everyone is well- I'll add some weird links in a separate post.
Love Carolyn

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Lisa said...

Welcome back Carolyn!!! Oskar is such a cutie and I love your stories about him. Teaching sign language is such an amazing way to figure out what your child wants to tell you or is thinking-- I don't know any sign language myself but I may look into it!

And yes, we adored Season 1 of "Slings & Arrows"-- that show is just wonderful. Thanks again for telling us about it-- are they going to do a third season????

 

Post a Comment

<< Home