Thursday, May 10, 2007

Roll Call!

I'm in Week Two of our 2-week family vacation, and I am feeling guilty for not having taken some time to blog here over the past one-and-a-half weeks. Actually, that's a lie. I haven't thought all that much about blogging at all, but I did just see a story I know will make Lisa happy -- it appears to be the Summer of the British Band Reunions, no? Time to touch base.

My Life in Pictures: While we were in Atlanta, we all went and had the grandkids take some pictures with Grandma and Grandpa. A couple are featured here:


Brett takes "smile" a little too literally when it comes to taking pictures -- a definite pet peeve if mine -- and as a result he often looks a little demented. My solution is to tell him to laugh instead of smile, and that sometimes works, but he also tends to ham that up a bit, too (imagine), so that has led to some interesting images as well. As we were looking through the pix and picking and choosing which to have developed, Dad famously muttered that he wasn't particularly thrilled with any of the group shots or of the ones of just him and Mom because he felt like he was "just sitting around in [his] underwear." Also? This is the only time any of us have ever seen (or ever will see) him wear jeans.

Must-See Movie: Hot Fuzz -- it was everything I hoped for and much, much more. Best movie I've seen in a long time.

Reading at the Moment: Until I Find You by John Irving (yes, still -- and I'm only 1/4 of the way through its 824 pages).

Listening to at the Moment: Backlogged podcasts from Penn Jillette, Adam Corolla (for Danny, mostly), and NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me."

Brutal Honesty of the Week: Brett asked this at breakfast this morning: "Grandma, why is your hair always messed up?" (Basically, her answer was the same as mine always is; it's naturally curly.)

Your turns.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home