Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Random thoughts...

I apologize if this post gets loopy... I am dogsitting for Charlie Brown, a sheltie I used to have on my old dogwalking route, and he is a bit high-maintenance the first couple of days when he's getting used to our schedule (or rather we try to get used to his). So I preface this post with the acknowledgment that I am running on about 4 hours sleep (all the parents, roll your eyes and have your chuckle). Bleah.

But anyway, I love the thread that's developing about funny breastfeeding stories... Andy, I'm waiting on you. It's so funny, having friends with kids, it seems so real now, and doable. Nate and I have been trying, as you guys probably know, or at least have been "open to life" as the Catholics say, and one of the things I look forward to is being able to bond with all of you on an even deeper level (yes, poop and pee conversations can be deep. I was a dog walker for three years!). I can't wait to get the feedback and support once we get pregnant.

Okay. I also wanted to pass on a couple of links I check religiously every day-- Pink Is The New Blog (www.trent.blogspot.com), which is the FUNNIEST celebrity gossip blog around (Aimee, it's better than US Weekly, I swear to God), and Go Fug Yourself (http://gofugyourself.typepad.com) which is scathingly funny commentary on celebrities and the fashion misfortunes that befall them. The Britney Spears section alone is a day's worth of pee-your-pants fuhhhhhnny!!!

I don't watch Lost, but I did want to give a shout-out to a couple of shows I am currently obsessed with: Entourage on HBO, and Footballers' Wives on BBC America. The first seasons of both shows are currently available on DVD, so check them out if you haven't seen them. Footballers' Wives actually is on its 4th season in England so I am waiting impatiently for my 2nd and 3rd season DVDs to arrive in the mail, but BBC America has just started showing season 2 on Sunday nights. It is one of the most trashy, action-packed soaps I have ever seen, and it's utterly addictive. As a Spice Girls fan, I couldn't resist checking out this show based on what it must be like to be one of the Beckhams!

Also-- Andy, did you catch the Breaking Bonaduce premiere this week? It was so intense, and just fascinating. I am so torn... I want his family to be happy but I also wouldn't mind if he and Gretchen split up... I know it's awful because he gets all fitness-obsessed and starts taking steroids and stuff, but I gotta say his whole badass yelling-at-the-camera-wearing-tight-t-shirts appealed to me. And I have missed that voice, I gotta tell you.

Okay, finally this was something I was mulling about as a kind of fun exercise... you know how there's Bennifer, Bennifer II, Brangelina, TomKat, Spederline, etc.? What would your celebrity couple name be?

Andy's is a no-brainer: AnDee.
Aimee's... Kevee? AiVin?
Mine is even trickier... Lithan? LisNat? Natsa?
Carolyn seems pretty straightforward: CarCar, or Car squared (Just like the Parises!)
See, this is fun!

1 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Blogger embiggened said...

If I were unoriginal, I'd claim that the phonetics of "Nate & Lisa" might yield "NataLie."

Since I am original, however, I'll point out that LISA + NATE = A SALTINE.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home