Saturday, December 03, 2005

My Top of the X-mas Pops

Awesome poll, Lisa. Here are some of mine (I doubt I'll be able to do ten -- I hate ranking favorites because my tastes change so much based on my mood!):
  1. "Mele Kalikimaka" - Bing Crosby
  2. "The Christmas Song" - Nat "King" Cole
  3. "(It Must've Been Ol') Santa Claus" - Harry Connick, Jr.
  4. "Jingle Bells" - Frank Sinatra (Corny Background Lyrics Award-Winner for "I love those J-I-N-G-L-E, bells!")
  5. John Denver & The Muppets - "A Christmas Together" (yes, the whole album)
  6. "Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!" - Harry Connick, Jr. (for the rockin' brass break... and same with his version of "Sleigh Ride," come to think of it)
  7. Any Manheim Steamroller/Trans-Siberian Orchestra-esque rock-hol-ectronica
  8. "Christmas Dinner, Country Style" - Bing Crosby (If you haven't heard this -- and you haven't -- you must. It, like National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, should be played daily between Thanksgiving and New Year's.)
  9. "A Very Special Christmas" (well-played, Lisa!)
And just to round it out so that ten things are mentioned here, I'll post a bottom-ten item: "Merry Christmas, Darling" by Karen Carpenter. I shiver when I contemplate logs on the fire filling her with desire.

Oh, and speaking as a technology junkie who still remains iPod-less, I hate both of you.

Happy Christmastime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home