Friday, November 03, 2006

Remember me?

I apologize for being gone for so long-- thanks for that post, Andy, and the picture too, but did you know that they actually make kiddie pools and bathtubs and that you don't need to squeeze your kids into a beer cooler to stave off the summer heat? I know I'm not a parent, but I'm fairly confident that I'm correct.

So I have been so damn preoccupied with the theater that it's bordering on ridiculous, but it's definitely where I want to be, and I don't miss my old day job at the Art League, although I do kind of miss the structure. It's a slippery slope when you don't have to get up to an alarm, and I never realized how many pairs of lounge pants I owned until I started wearing them every day. But the theater is coming along, slowly but surely! We're getting ready to launch our first Christmas mainstage show as well as a Christmas-themed kids' show, called "Rough Night At The North Pole", and Nate's playing Santa-- so you guys should bring your rugrats to come see it!

I hope you guys had a good Halloween and please please post some pictures of your kids in their costumes! I happened to be walking around Evanston during the hours when all the kids were out trick-or-treating and it was sooo adorable. I gotta say that's one thing I am really looking forward to once we have kids (which we are still working on, don't worry, I'll let you know when there's any news)...

Although we don't have any kids yet, we have some new additions to the family, believe it or not! We had to put Bear, one of our cats, to sleep on September 28th, and Nate and I were both devastated. We knew we wanted to get another cat and we ended up getting two (yes, it was me who insisted)-- a pair of 3-month-old kittens, brother and sister, who we named Linus and Lucy. So that brings the tally (for those of you keeping track) up to eight, and although we still miss Bear every day, the new babies are awesome! Lucy likes to be zipped up in my sweatshirt and carried around like a baby kangaroo. She rules.

I apologize for the super-newsy tone of this post but I just recently regained regular Internet access (I just got a MacBook) and I am trying to make up for lost time. I really am dying for some new pics of Oskar, Emma, Tyler, Brett and AJ, stat! So get on that, people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home