Wednesday, April 13, 2005

D'oh! [+0]

Well, at first I was ready to fire back a snarky retort about how Lisa missed my subtle cultural reference, but then she a) forced me to Google that reference only to discover that I was remembering it wrong, and b) diffused the whole issue with the whole anniversary discourse.

Sigh.

So, first of all, congrats, Aimee and Kevin! And congrats, Lisa, for making me snort 0-calorie Carnation Instant Breakfast out my nose at reading the Rednex line.

And secondly, in my own defense, my intention in mentioning KATT (not KITT -- I know KITT... believe me, I know KITT; I not only watched Knight Rider 2000 when it premiered on NBC the week of my Birthday in 1991, but I had eagerly awaited it beforehand) was as a reference to evil (pronounced: "E"-vill). My mistake was simply in the name of KITT's "evil twin." It was, in fact, KARR. I am presently (and perhaps forevermore) hanging my head in shame at the gaffe.

I was then going to mask my pain with another snarky comment about the fact that the writer(s?) [it takes more than one?!] of Knight Rider actually conceived a plot in which KITT -- not Michael, but his car -- had an evil twin. But then I thought twice, as surely Knight Rider hadn't jumped the shark already in season 1... and since we all know Jeff Chaucer originally conceived of the concept of the evil twin and all attempts to translate that on the screen are surely done so in homage to him.

...or was that DOOL?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home