Sunday, December 18, 2005

Brokeback Mountain


Please go see this movie. It's the most extraordinary movie I have seen all year. I am so excited that this film is garnering such acclaim and audience response-- I went to the first showing on opening day, and it was sold out! At 1:10 pm! It is just a gorgeous love story. The landscapes are breathtaking, and the character work is just awe-inspiring, especially Heath Ledger's performance as Ennis Del Mar. I think he will at least be nominated for a Best Actor Oscar, and will probably win it (although I admit I haven't seen Philip Seymour Hoffman in Capote so I am not fully aware of the competition).

I can't say enough about this movie... I can't remember the last time I saw a film and it affected me so much I couldn't stop thinking about it afterward... it is just so, so well done. I hope you all get a chance to see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home